Friday 19 July 2013

Warden Of The Tower

The GateKeeper

The base has progressed a little this week with the stone steps being rendered in Jo Sonja acrylics. The marble pillar has had a coat of matt varnish followed by a semi opaque spray of very dark (near black) orange to tie the flagstones in with the pillar as I felt the oil finish with the sonjas lacked harmony.




The Gatekeeper himself turns out to be not alone in the tower! I have decided to add another figure ascending the stairs and after running through a few choices I went for the Andrea 54mm Menhom Dark Shadow as I felt he could be envisioned as gliding silently up the stairs.

I am in the process of making a few changes to the figure, losing the helmet and shield and covering him in a hooded cloak in a grim reaper style.

Progress so far




No comments:

Post a Comment